CONTINUING EDUCATION: Classroom Courses
Due to COVID-19 Alpha may move a course from the classroom to virtual at any point prior to or within the course.
For Continuing Education courses, all active licensees must complete eight hours each year of CE credit. Four hours must consist of the Commission Mandate Update course for the current licensing period and an additional four hours in an elective course approved by the Commission.
If you are a Broker-in-Charge, you are required to take the Broker-in-Charge Update course as your mandatory course and an additional four-hour electove course. You must take the four-hour Update and the BICUP courses in a classroom.
WAYS TO REGISTER
- Mail completed contract with payment to PO Box 1715, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948.
- Fax a completed contract with credit card information to  441-8663.
- Online through the appropriate link below.
NEW - VIRTUAL CLASS REQUIREMENTS
In order to hold these courses, a minimum of the following registrations are required:
CE- a minimum of 5 students registered
PL- a minimum of 10 students registered
In order to participate in the virtual delivery method of the course, students must have the following:
- A strong and stable internet connection to your computer or smart phone. WIFI is typically slower and intermittent and not recommended.
- A device that allows video/camera, speakers and a microphone.
- You are required to meet the same requirements of participation and attendance as if you were in the physical classroom. Technology failure on your part counts against missed time. A moderator will be monitoring attendance.
GENUpdate, BICUP and the Elective courses are 4 hours each
$100 all day, same day (8 hours). $55 for ½ day (4 hours)
To register online, click the AM, PM, or full day sessions below. To register by mail or fax, click here.
FULL DAY OF CE COURSES
Register online for a morning and afternoon CE course and receive a discount. Sign up for both courses by clicking the "Register for Full Day" link. Registration for the individual courses isn't necessary, when signing up for a full day.
GENUPDATE COURSE (4 HOURS)
The Update Course consists of four hours of current topics critical to the real estate industry and protection of the public. This course is developed by the North Carolina Real Estate Commission each year.
BICUP COURSE (4 HOURS)
The BICUP course combines topics from the old BICAR course and the annual update course into a single 4-hour course. Brokers-in-charge ("BIC") and brokers wishing to remain BIC eligible must take the BICUP course and an elective CE course to fulfill the mandatory 8-hour CE requirement.
ELECTIVE COURSE: Everyday Ethics in Real Estate (4 HOURS)